What Do Clients Have to Say About Working with Busfreighter.com?
New to Busfreighter.com and curious how to best go about maximizing our service? Learn more from real customers who are sharing their most successful advice with you.
“Mover’s stretch wrap works great!”
- When packing your shipments, consider swapping old cardboard boxes for opaque plastic totes. They’re relatively light, sturdy and can handle a ride under the bus in cargo holds. Suitcases are a great alternative, too.
- If you’re set on using boxes, choose newer ones. You can buy complete moving kits direct from the factory on Busfreighter.com and save.
- Whether you’re using boxes, suitcases or plastic totes, fill each one completely with stuff. “This will also help them keep their shape,” says one customer, plus – it leaves little room for items to shift inside while on their journey.
- It’s very important to tape your packages well. “Make sure you tape them around the edges and folds,” suggests one customer. “Try packing tape for closing the boxes and then duct tape to reinforce all the way around the edges.” Taping the inside box flaps shut also makes boxes even sturdier. This includes taping tote tops shut.
- Wrap your packages securely with mover’s stretch wrap, available at home improvement stores and online (three or four times around usually does the trick). Made of plastic, it’s used when moving and storing, from wrapping furniture so doors and cabinets stay in place to wrapping containers to keep them protected. Stretch wrap is easy to remove, too – and leaves no sticky residues.
“Number your packages with bright paper.”
- After you order our service, we send you shipping labels. One customer advises you print multiple copies to attach to your shipment. “I printed four copies and posted all four of them on different sides of each box.”
- Another customer suggests numbering your packages with bright paper. “This helps keep them together as a shipment.” Write, “1 of 4,” “2 of 4,” and so on in thick sharpie and make a paper label for all sides of each package. You can also print multiple copies of your Busfreighter.com shipping labels on bright paper, too.
“Sign up for email and text notifications for updates on your shipment.”
- Filling out our instant quote and ordering form completely is key to a successful shipping experience. If customers have questions, they simply call Busfreighter.com at 214-227-9792) and ask for clarification. “Schedule pickup, and three to four hours later you’ll receive an email with your GPX labels,” one customer says about the experience.
- The pick-up and drop-off service is so affordable, you’ll still save money adding it– especially if you don’t have access to a car to drop off your shipment at a service location. One customer says, “This is important to note, the pick-up is only to ground floors unless you have an elevator. Setting up the service does require that you know how many boxes you will be sending and approximately how much it all weights. You can change your order (add a box or change weight) after you set it up.”
- Wondering what your Greyhound tracking number is for your shipment? Find it at the top of your receipt that you get after dropping off your shipment.
- Sign up for the email and text notifications for updates on your shipment from our tracking page. “They do not scan at every location, so you will go long periods of time without an update,” one customer points out. “Don't worry. No need to call and hassle them, just trust the process and wait.”
So Many Agree
“Overall, I found this a very affordable option compared to shipping my items via (other shippers),” says Mary from Spokane, WA. “Just be cautious about what you ship and pack your items carefully!”
Busfreighter.com – Still the Best Kept Secret in Shipping
The more you ship, the more you save! Together, Busfreighter.com and GPX have nearly 30 years combined experience facilitating package shipments via a nationwide bus network. Our service is a great way to ship multiple boxes across the country while keeping within your budget. Whether you are relocating to a new city or shipping purchases to Etsy or Ebay customers, Busfreighter.com is an economical way to send packages long distance. Visit www.Busfreighter.com, fill the Instant Quote & Ordering form, buy moving supplies direct from the factory and save.